Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login
Melanie the phooka by Askthewerewolfprince Melanie the phooka by Askthewerewolfprince
Another new oc I've been wanting to make, finally whipped her up.
This would Melanie and she is a phooka. Which is a type of shapeshifter, so no this isn't her real form but one she often prefers to take.

Info

Name: Melanie

Age: unknown but looks to be at least 19-21

Relation status: Taken by :iconmissthunderkin: Hank

She is quite mischievous, a trickster and will occasionally pull little pranks, it's in her nature but can give good advice if persuaded. Often mistaken for evil just by rumors and such, being what she is, but really she's rather neutral, possibly a chaotic neutral at times. Sometimes she cares, sometimes she doesn't it all really depends.
As a phooka, she can't taste flesh or blood, otherwise she will go into a hunting frenzy, hunting victims down rather like a vampire. Though she is really just a trickster, there are some that are a tad more evil, but usually they are fine if left alone. If offended, hurt, etc. they will seek revenge and can become your worse nightmare. Though she is really mostly just a trickster, her kind do tend to make other faerie kind warry.


She lives in a tree house deep in the woods. Having taken up dabbling in magic, she wanted a more homely setting where she could keep all the thing she could get her hands on (whether she obtained it rightfully or snatched it lol). She has a bed, but tends to sleep under it at times as phookas don't particularly care for sleeping in them. She adores the little skeleton butterfly's and they seem to take a liking to her. She loves dark colors especially shades of purple.
Clothes wise she prefers anything loose and flowy, like the dress top I have her in now, as well as shawls and tank tops.
She loves to take on the forms of a rabbit or horse. But being a phooka she can change from anything most pleasing to most terrifying.
Add a Comment:
 
:iconaskwafflesandtheguys:
Q: ever had thoughts of raising a family?
Reply
:icongoldensparkprincess:
goldensparkprincess Featured By Owner Oct 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
ooo! pretty!
Reply
:iconask-gavinicci:
Ask-Gavinicci Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
Oh man... I think... Hmmmm... I'm lost... lost. *Gavinicci was wandering around aimlessly and didn't watch where he was going. Before he know it, he realized that he was standing in the deeper parts of the woods.* "Now... how can I get out of this strange, yet rather comfortable forest? AH! right the stars! They never lie!" *He began to look up at the sky, which is rather light blue... it was morning* "AWW POO! *slaps his knee* Gotta think of some other way, hmmm... hmm... nrrrrr... NRRRGH! There's gotta be some way outta this... Yes! I've heard if you're lost, it's better to get to higher ground, in which my case... I can do that!" *Gavin searched around for a very, very, very long stick. He broke a rather long tree branch that he founded. "Oh this will do!" *He then proceeded to stare at the stick for the moment. With a quick twist, he removed his head from his neck threads as he carefully inserted the end of his head/neck to the tip of the stick. "AHAhA, Well that tickles a bit, oh hey watch it you imbecile! Not so hard, don't push so darn hard GROD!" (omgwhtpfffftsorryi'mterrible)

"Perfect! Perfect I say! Gavin you handsome, dead, sexy, genius!" *He smiled confidently as his body hold the stick with his head attached like how one would hold a flag. He began to whistle a small tune as he continued to walk with his eyes close, without seeing what's coming at him. Then suddenly his body walked into an incoming tree, causing the stick to fall out like how a tree would fall. "WOAH WOAH WOAH, TIIIIMMMMMBBBEEEEEEEEEERRRRR" *He screamed as he fell to the floor with the stick, the impact caused his head to pop right out of the stick he was attached to* "AW GROD, NOT AGAIN!" *He yelled*

((Enjoy this wall of RP, xDDD But next time, I think I maybe it's better if it's via note? o3o ))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
pfft XD ))

Melanie: *Melanie had been perched in a tree like she was usually prone to doing. Eating a deliciously ripe fruit and wiggling her fingers at the little skeleton butterfly's that liked to show themselves and play with her. She'd giggled and had been half way into taking another bite when she heard some near by racket. She blinked and shooed the little creature away as it tried to dance in her face, cocking her head and listening. Well it was obviously a man and...was he talking to himself? Being as curious as she was she gave the half eaten fruit to one of the butterfly's, (which weighed it down quite a bit) and hopped away onto the near by branches. Leaping from a few limbs effortlessly until she spotted the source of all the noise. Catching sight of the man in a tree just above him as his body smacked into another tree and dropped his head to the floor, as odd as it was (and she knew odd) it was also terribly amusing. She snickered, and before she knew it was giggling full force at the sight.* "Hehehe~! Oh-Oh glob! "
Reply
:iconask-gavinicci:
Ask-Gavinicci Featured By Owner Oct 25, 2012
"Oh great great grod, that... kinda hurt. And I know hurt son, I know it well," *His eyes were all over the place as his head is still lying down on the ground, separated from the rest of his body. He perks up slightly as he heard loud giggling action going on from somewhere rather close to him. Maybe he could ask the source of the giggling to help him* "Ummm, hello? Anyone there?... Any...BODY?" *he cracked up slightly as he saw that his body was trying to climb a tree. He tried to think of a way to get his body back to him.

"Ah! Here body body body, come heeereeee, yes that's it, a little closer.... closer...GROD!"*His body apparently tripped on a root and fell down once again. Gavin sighed, "Man if only I have the hands to rub my temples with..." "But seriously though, anyone care to give me a hand... or a body? A body would be nice, but a hand ain't bad either!" *He began to scanned the area, hoping to find that source of the giggling. He had a much keener sight when he was in the desert, but apparently it did not work so well within the deep forests*
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Askthewerewolfprince Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Melanie: *Hearing his continued chatter, partly joking and part serious really was not helping her calm her mirth. But after several minutes she was able to calm and settle a hand on her chest.* " Gooodness I have not laughed that much in a while" *Feeling the man had gone through enough torture she slid off the branch and dropped to the grassy floor below. Crouching down beside his head she gave him a little wave.* "Well hello there~ You seem to be in quite the predicament."
Reply
:iconask-gavinicci:
Ask-Gavinicci Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Gavin: *He sighed as he rolled around the ground, trying to figure a way out. Oh how he wish he would receive some help, maybe from a rather attractive lady of some sort. Gavin chuckled at that thought and to roll around the area. "One of these days I should join a "head rolling" club, that's the way to do it!"

As if the heavens have answered his little thought, a lady came down and crouched beside his head. His eyes widened when he saw the lady, and he perked a bit when he heard her question. "Aha! Quite indeed so! What signs gave off such an idea though?" He chuckled.
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She smirked a bit and propped a hand under her chin on her knee, glancing over at the body not too far way.* " Well I would suppose the fact that you are a disembodied head, and your bodies over there. " She said while gesturing to it.
Reply
:iconask-gavinicci:
Ask-Gavinicci Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
"Ah right on, right on, yeap... a sight to see, is it not?" *He chuckled a bit*
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: "Mhmm~" *She hummed in agreement. "Now I would assume that you need sooome, help, yes~"
Reply
(1 Reply)
:iconmissthunderkin:
MissThunderkin Featured By Owner Oct 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hank: 'Scuse me miss -He tips his hat- But I herd ya've been causin' a bit of mischief up around these here parts. Now I'm sure its all in good fun 'n stuff like that; But folks are gettin' real surly 'bout it and even went through th' trouble to even call me ta git ridda ya...Now I'm not one for misplacin' a lady such as yerself but ya must understand that a job's a job.. -he holds out a rather large, blue, clawed hand- So why don't we just do it the easy way, and I can take ya out of here nice and civilized like?
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She blinked and turned to look up at the large man that was addressing her, though he was't a man of normal sorts obviously, some type of monster by the looks of him. Which only peaked her curiosity and interest, more so than what he was talking to her about. Though she quirked a brow at his words and the large hand he extended towards her. Staring at it for a moment before letting out a giggle. " Those silly people actually sent someone to take me away~? Goooodness, they must have been very bothered. It was only just a bit of harmless fun~" *She didn't know why she found it so amusing, she just did. Especially at the mans chosen words, oh she could be nice and she could be civilized but where was the fun in that? She grinned wide at him, large teeth suddenly in that smile that looked very unlike her own.* " I could buuut, that's no fun~" Suddenly morphing then into a cat she turned tail and dashed away from him, maybe he would take chase and make this even more interesting?*

ewe ))
Reply
:iconmissthunderkin:
MissThunderkin Featured By Owner Oct 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hank: -He stood there for a moment as she took off. Letting off a small sigh- Why do they never want to do it the easy way?.. -pushing his hat down a bit more securely down onto his head before taking off after her.. This was going to be a hard one.. Shapeshifters were never his strong suite. But Heck.. He always enjoyed the challenge offered up by them..- Oh c'mon, Darlin'! I't ain't all that bad! I'll be takin' you somewhere nice! -he huffed out as his feet fell quick and heavy as his muscles pushed him nearer to her eventually flanking her and taking a dive to grab at her-
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *Currently a very dark colored cat, skittering across the grass quickly away from the other, she'd glance back at him occasionally as he was now chasing her. She had to admit, as large as he was, he could certainly move rather fast. It was then that she saw him jump and dive to grab at her, too which she jumped up just as he slid right under her and she landed on his head with a bounce, pushing his hat further down onto his head. She laughed, flicking her tail and running off his back to go the way they had come. " Oh come now 'darling' you can do better than that I'm sure~" She said in a slightly mocking tone to get him going, this was simply too much fun!*
Reply
:iconmissthunderkin:
MissThunderkin Featured By Owner Oct 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hank: OMPH! -he exclaimed as his hat was pushed over his eyes and slightly crumpled down. And that was his favorite hat too.. Scrambling to his feet he pulled his hat free of his head and glared a bit as he watched the little cat scamper off- Oh... ya want better?... Alrighty then! -Placing two claws at the corners of his mouth he let loose a very high pitched whistle that seemed to echo out through those little woods. It seemed to be very useless at first.. Until the ground would start to rumble like thunder. Then the source would be seen as an unusually massive black horse stampeded right in her direction, letting out a loud neigh as it's great hooves fell hard against the brush threatening to trample anything in it's path.-
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She giggled in her little cat like state, practically bouncing away as she did, hearing him exclame behind her and then a whistle. Not thinking much of it until she felt a rumbling under her paws, she blinked and came to a halt, ears flickering a bit before that massive horse came into the clearing, hooves trampling the ground mercilessly, she let out a cat like yowl, actually a bit startled and turned back the other way once more, narrowly avoiding them as they followed close behind. She had to admit this was exciting but she didn't want to be squished! *
Reply
:iconmissthunderkin:
MissThunderkin Featured By Owner Oct 22, 2012  Professional General Artist
Hank: -giving a little grin as he watched the little cat come sprinting back with Horace, his giant horse quickly at her heels he raised up on his toes some.. waiting for the right time.. just.. a little... closer... NOW! quickly he dove for her and scooped her up in his massive claws barrel rolling to the side to avoid being trampled by his own horse. He laid there on his back with his claws firmly around the small frame of the cat- Now this isn't so bad now is it Darlin'? -he said with a low chuckle rumbling from his wide chest.. He had lost his hat and his sandy hair was now strewn in his face more than it already was and he blew up to move it out of his red and black eyes- I have ta say.. ya make a mighty fine chase!
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She'd been so focused on avoiding the horse that she momentarily forgot about the other in front of her before it was too late, feeling herself suddenly scooped up she let out another noise as they rolled before coming to a halt. She blinked and wiggled a bit, finding herself pressed against his chest, caught in his grasp. She let out an indignant little huff and glanced up at him. Tail swaying she smiled and let out a little purr.* "And I will admit..you are quite good at perusing and capturing~" Choosing to morph then back into her human disguise, she giggled as she lay on top of him and reached up to pat his face.* " Though I could just as easily escape, I'm oh so curious, where are we going~? "
Reply
(1 Reply)
:iconjakeyflinrider:
jakeyflinrider Featured By Owner Oct 16, 2012
Seamus: hello there li'le creature whats yehr name?
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She rose a brow and cocked her head at the Gourdian and their calling her 'little' creature.* " Ooh, very forward are we not?" *She smiled slyly.* " If you must know pumpkin person, my name is Melanie."
Reply
:iconjakeyflinrider:
jakeyflinrider Featured By Owner Oct 20, 2012
Seamus: *blushes out of embarassment and rubs the back of his head* oh heh s-sorry...um Melanie...
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She passed it off without much care.* " You did nothing wrong, it is fine. "
Reply
:iconjakeyflinrider:
jakeyflinrider Featured By Owner Oct 20, 2012
Seamus: oh ok...so wha' the pomp are yeh
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *giggles* " First my name and then what I am? Without telling me anything about yourself? I'm not sure that will persuade me to just tell you what I am."
Reply
:iconjakeyflinrider:
jakeyflinrider Featured By Owner Oct 20, 2012
Seamus: fine...ok mah name is Seamus...and as yeh can see ah'm a pumpken...um ah like animals...and ah'm a vegetarian...
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Askthewerewolfprince Featured By Owner Nov 2, 2012
Melanie: *giggles once more* " Well I didn't exactly need all that information but alright. I will tell you now Seamus, I am a phooka~."
Reply
(1 Reply)
:iconask-princess-olivia:
Ask-Princess-Olivia Featured By Owner Sep 28, 2012
((Ooh, I like her eyes! She seems like a lovely character ^w^ and the skeleton butterflies!! XD))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
thanks~ ))
Reply
:iconask-princess-olivia:
Ask-Princess-Olivia Featured By Owner Oct 2, 2012
welks ^^))
Reply
:iconask-musicprincess3rd:
(( Dat color palette... :icondatasslaytonplz:*strokes da screen*
How nice that dress looks on her.... *strokes strokes*
She's a phooka? I like that name~ : ) *strokes strokes strokes*
And those bright, beautiful eyes! *strokes strokes strokes strokes strokes strokes* :icondesueyeplz: 7 :icondesueyeplz:
I :iconmegustamuchoplz: :heart: ))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
pfftt XD

Thank you, glad you like it ; 7 ; ))
Reply
:iconanadminnamedpaul:
AnAdminNamedPaul Featured By Owner Sep 22, 2012
(two boys walked in and stopped at the pressence of her*)
Edmund: i smell evil
Bit: really? Cuz I never knew evil smells like little bonerfly poop.
Edmund:...dude, they're not called bone- HAD YOU EVEN REALIZED WHAT YOU JUST SAID?! XDD :rofl:
Bit:...O///A///O AH SICK, MAN!
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She blinked curiously as she heard the two boys, looking over the large branch she was perched on and turning her head at a very odd angle. She giggled a bit at them. Two skeleton butterflys that one had referred to as a 'bonerfly' had taken seats in her hair.* "Strange, silly people." *She said aloud.*
Reply
:iconanadminnamedpaul:
AnAdminNamedPaul Featured By Owner Sep 23, 2012
Edmund: I sense you! Come out!
Bit: uh, w-wait, dude, i don't have my sword-
Edmund: you got your guitar, use it when it attacks.
Bit: NEVER!
Edmund: You brained the Ice King with it once.
Bit: NEVER! ...AGAIN!
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She giggled once more though she was a little confused. Deciding to humor the two boys she shifted and slid down her branch as a cat, the little skeleton butterfly's following after her, landing on her feet in front of them before suddenly morphing up and into the girl form she had before and giving a toothy grin with a small wave.* "Hello, hello~"
Reply
:iconanadminnamedpaul:
AnAdminNamedPaul Featured By Owner Sep 24, 2012
Bit: hi!
Edmund: HOILY! WHAT THE-?
Bit: Ed, relax. she's a shapeshifter. I heard of these guys, they're mischievous, but hardly dangerous.
Edmund: hardly as in possible, right?
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She cocks her head again, and giggles once more.* " Hardly dangerous? Oh nooow, I wouldn't say that~ I could cause plenty harm if I wanted, but I don't want to. Not so much in my nature~" *She smiled and hummed.*
Reply
:iconanadminnamedpaul:
AnAdminNamedPaul Featured By Owner Sep 25, 2012
Bit: o-o
Edmund: T - T ...now can we kill her?
Bit: t-there must be an explanation t-to w-what she meant-
Edmund: :iconbitchpleaseplz: Dude, she'll do it when it hits her. Better plank her now, or-
Bit: should we be saying all this while she's right in front of us?
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She stared at them, head cocked, listening to them as they rambled on and proceeded to giggle more once they'd settle attention back to her.* "Goodness boys are really silly. I never said I would hurt you and yet you try to plan and kill me? How does that work exactly? "
Reply
(1 Reply)
:iconask-jasontheangel:
Ask-JasonTheAngel Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
*Is walking through the forest, not looking where he is going, and smacks into an oak tree*
Ow!,
*Rubs his head and looks up to see her a short distance away, he get's up and walks up to her*

H-hello Miss,~ Can you tell me where I am?~
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She'd been sitting on a large branch, letting the little skeleton butterfly's sit in her hair and waving her fingers at them when she heard a loud smack and an 'ow'. Glancing downward as a voice was then directed at her. She blinked with her wide yellow-green eye's, grinned and cocked her head at him.* " Well, well, well if I'm not mistaken you are in the woods, are you not? " *She giggled, being silly towards this new stranger.*
Reply
:iconask-jasontheangel:
Ask-JasonTheAngel Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
*He smiles and chuckles lightly, still rubbing his head where he hit the tree* Well, I did figure that out, but, as you could probably tell, I'm not exactly the best navigator.
Reply
:icondropples:
dropples Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
((kajdfhakjdfh fanart alert beCAUSE WOW CUTIE and can i just say i lovelovelove how bright her eyes are, compared to the rest of her design? akjfh ))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
ghdfhs thank you ; w ; ))
Reply
:iconask-pancackthephooka:
it'ssss good to see another one of my kiiiiiind *the phooka evilly grinned*
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
Melanie: *She cocks her head at him.* " Ooh, another Phooka, I suppose that is interesting."
Reply
:iconaskfionathegummi:
AskFionaTheGummi Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2012
(( what a creative OC dear UuU ))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
thanks ; w ;))
Reply
:iconaskthecardinaltwins:
AsktheCardinalTwins Featured By Owner Sep 21, 2012
(( Am I the only one who immediately thought Spiderwick Chronicles when I saw this? No? Just me? Alright then.
On another note, she looks like tons of fun! ))
Reply
:iconaskthewerewolfprince:
lol omg dude yes, it's basically where I got the idea from, I love spiderwicks designs for mythological creatures >w< Thanks~))
Reply
Add a Comment:
 
×




Details

Submitted on
September 20, 2012
Image Size
121 KB
Resolution
550×900
Submitted with
Sta.sh
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
2,101
Favourites
115 (who?)
Comments
131
Downloads
62
×